Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baguio: Cold Shoulders

Day 1

Driving up to Baguio, the city of pines, we started early in the morning. Leaving Villasis at around 9 in the morning after attending Sunday mass. 


 We had lunch in Camp John Hay's Dencios. We were accompanied by our tita and cousin who were also visiting Baguio. As I remember we ordered Dencios' famous sisig, liempo and some greens which I don't recall (lol).
 Right after our lunch we headed to Villa La Maja where we booked for an overnight stay. I am going to make a review of that hotel later on. As a hint, it did not meet expectations.
 This was the rumored haunted house in Baguio. I wanted to go there but I figured we didn't have time. Also, no one believed me when I told them it was haunted. No one was really interested.
 We just passed by Session Road on our whole trip. We were going in circles and got lost. We went to the strawberry plantation which I'll expound on later. Most of that day we spent in the car looking for a place to go and take shelter from the rain.




Finally, we were able to go to Good Shepherd. We found this 'hut' and spent time drinking coffee, taking pictures and stuff while waiting for the rain to move along.


We were able to take a walk along mines view to look for souvenirs to take home. We were able to buy bonnets and some kulangot. I have yet to taste them but I have heard they are sweet and are made of coconut milk.


It was finally getting dark and the rain has subsided a bit. We had lunch in Ningnangan which had terribly slow  service, lost waitresses and not so great food. 50's Diner was sitting beside it which we saw from a distance but pushed aside without knowing they served steak. STEAK! How could we miss that? Anyway, we know better next time.

Day 2
We got up around 8-ish to have our breakfast. We headed to Camp John Hay, again since it is the closest one to the hotel.
 We ordered food from Dinelli. They have great sets of meals that make great day starters. Again, I will expound on this later on.


 Moving on, we didn't go anywhere far anymore. We just walked around Camp John Hay to look for a hoodie for my brother. While doing that, we passed by this store which sold big packs of Combos and Pik-Nik. I drooled over them and it was sad we couldn't buy any because they are too expensive.

 Around 10:30-ish we headed away from Baguio. We were going to spend our third night in Dagupan and we were going to have lunch there.


Well, from the pictures, you could see how foggy the road has become after the rain the past day. It wasn't that much thick, residents of Baguio might even consider it something normal to their lives. But hey I don't live there and I enjoyed it. This early, I am even looking forward to going back there again, hoping that it won't be raining.

Creative Commons License
Digital Monochrome by Samuel Estuesta is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at black-thru-white.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at eastwestsamuel@gmail.com.