Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Doctor Who: Series 5 review


Throughout the recent summer I've been busying myself with a Doctor Who marathon. Driven by curiosity from friends who talked about it. I started watching it from Season 1 of its revival since its cancellation 16 years before it.

Series 5 started with Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor, the Raggedy Doctor, inhatroducing himself to the young Amy Pond. Anyway, the series went with different events throughout history and the future. It is even interesting that they are able to keep consistency from series' before it. If you haven't watched it you don't have to start from Series 1, or even the 1963 series. They have made is so that you are able to follow the story even if you begin with Series 5.

I had a lot of time in my hands then so I began with Series 1. I didn't want to just find little things out as the story progresses in the coming episodes and series because I wanted a broad understanding. If you are like me then go ahead and do as I did.

The series was able to pull out new stories and they were good. I just didn't enjoy Matt Smith as the Doctor as much as I did enjoy Tennant Doctor. The stories were written better but sometimes it just felt that something was missing. Well it still is a good series and it is now on it's sixth. It really is addicting though so I should warn you of that.

Creative Commons License
Digital Monochrome by Samuel Estuesta is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at black-thru-white.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at eastwestsamuel@gmail.com.